This post is also available in: Français (French)
What happened at AEDH in Spring 2018? Find it out here!
- International Refugee Day – AEDH and EuroMed Rights Joint Tribune
- European Digital Sovereignty – AEDH Open Letter to the European Commission and the Council
- Grow up into a responsible citizen by joining the #CyberCRACCS network
- Football game Belgium-Egypt
- Europe, defend Poland’s Supreme Court!
- Personal data protection: a twofold step forward with the GDPR and Convention 108
- Europe Day: Do you want to fight hate and obscurantism? It is now!
- AEDH’s contribution to the 2018 Civil Society Days
- Greece: Government defies Court on Asylum Seekers Reinstates Containment
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Civil Society Days of the European Economic and Social Committee
Asylum & Migration
- Push-back, violence, sufferings… The FRA draws up a grim picture of the situation of a thousand migrants in Europe.
- The European Parliament requests to restore completely the Schengen area.
- The European Parliament: in favour of “the immediate accession “of the Republic of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen area
Economic, social and cultural rights
- The protection of fundamental rights in the EU: reality or illusion?
- The mobility of workers in the EU: “jungle” or internal market?
- Pride 23e edition – Brussels, an example for Europe in terms of LGBTI rights
Egalité de genre
- Ireland finally legalises abortion – What is the situation in the other EU Member States?
- Hungarian Helsinki Committee – the Rule of law under threat
- Hungarian Helsinki Committee – has been awarded the Human Rights prize PRO ASYL.
- Open Republic (PO) – joined the Coalition for Equal Opportunities.
- Unione forense per la tutela dei diritti umani, LIDU and APDHA – denounce Minister Salvini’s refusal to welcome the Aquarius boat
- Liga voor Mensenrechten (BE) – met the United Nation special rapporteur on the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms while countering terrorism
- LDH (BE) – Is a human being still a human being?
- The Swiss League for Human Rights – contests and calls for the cancellation of the special flight to Sudan from Switzerland
- Etats Généraux des Migrations (FR) – organised its first national session of EGM